Monday 23 April 2018

Next gen year 1 week 26

Last week I continued to develop my knowledge of coding. This is an area I have struggled with throughout the year and continue to do so. That is why my tutor went through the code of my game line by line to explaining its purpose and how they work. This put me at ease and made me feel better about the coding ahead of the exam.

In continuation of our VFX project we used Photoshop to create a phone screen that will be shown on the phone when edited in at a later stage. We also needed to add a notification on the screen for the sake of the story. After we created the phone screen we went onto after effects. This was to animate the notification sliding down the screen and then animate it so it would go back off screen. This proved to be trickier than first thought as I had to go back and lighten the screen as well as move the notification to the middle of the screen as that is where Frank swipes the screen. Another important issue was timing and adjusting the animation to sync up with the footage so he would swipe the screen at a later stage.

On Friday of that week were doing coding, and specifically looking at the previous exam in preparation of the coding exam. This whole lesson where we answered questions left me feeling on and off about the whole exam with aspects both positive and negative. However I am glad I participated in doing the exam questions as i want to get practice and help while I can.

Lastly that week in our animation class we learnt how to animate using the modelling software MAYA. For this we learnt how to use the animation tools to in order to animate a ball bouncing. Whilst we've done this before on adobe animate but its good know how to use various software's especially one like MAYA which is used a lot in the industry animating shows like 'south park'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork