Tuesday 23 January 2018

Job roles

The two roles i am interested in is being a runner and a 3D modeler.

Runner
A runner is a person who works as general assistant to everyone. Their purpose is to run an array of various errands. Personally i am not on board with being a runner because i don't like the idea of  running petit tasks for people too lazy to do it themselves. However it seems to be the role where you can get a lot of experience and knowledge from other fields. 

The pay rates are £7.50 to £13.38 per hour

Skills required:
I believe I have many of the skills cited from the national careers service needed for being a runner. I believe I have great organisational and time management skills as I have always been a punctual and organized person regardless of what i'm doing. From previous work experience I know I can deal with long hours that are needed. Needing flexibility, adaptability and enthusiasm is something I have the basics for but if I am to go down this path a lot more will need to be done to develop these skills. The skills I lack the most would definitely be my communication and people skills which I know I lack in because of my lack of confidence.

Employment:
To become a runner the most advised way to do so is through work experience programmes companies set up  so you get a good taste of what it is like whilst they know more about you and may potentially want to hire you. Another advised thing is to give multiple companies your CV. The biggest problem with that is they'll receive many so you have to remain polite and persistent at the same time.

3D modeler
A 3D modeler is someone who is to create 3D models which are needed for CGI projects. For me this is a job i would like to have because i enjoy doing 3D modelling and would like to continue down that pathway. For getting a career in this industry you will have to develop a portfolio showcasing your skills on the subject.  

 The annual pay rate is approximately is £26,000 - £28,000

Skills required:
The skills required for a 3D modeler are far different and harder to be taught to your average person so for me taking a course where they're taught is a real help in acquiring and developing these skills. A understanding of composition and how it works is needed. If I was to become a character modeler I would need a greater understanding of anatomy and human structure. The last thing would be perspective as working in a 3D environment requires the ability to constantly shift perspectives.

Employment:
Many off the already established professionals believe the key is by building a strong portfolio and having experience. Additionally they also say acquiring a strong professional network is required. From this I gather that they are suggesting to start out as a free lancer to build portfolio and network which they suggest is vital and build them up to impress a large company who could potentially offer you a job. Whilst that way looks like a hard path to go down another way could be through internships and apprenticeships. This is because you'll be working closely with a company and could get hired as a result if you get noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork