Monday 8 January 2018

SWOT analysis

SWOT

When I finish my course here are the areas I would be keen on to join would be as a concept artist and/or a 3D modeler.  My preference is to do this contracted rather than freelance.

Strengths
-          I am creative and imaginative and am passionate about the subject
-          I know basic 3D sculpting tools which I learnt on MAYA
-          I have the basic skills of being an artist
-          Familiar with programmes like MAYA
-          Quick learner
-          I am obedient and follow orders to the best I can

 Weaknesses
  I am terrible at coding.
I Lack in confidence of myself and my peers.
Currently my art skills aren’t top notch.
 I am yet to find a specific field in which I excel at.
-          I need to hear things more than once to fully understand.

Opportunities
 The skills are cross transferable skills so I can work in both films and games, possibly giving me an advantage in both fields. 
-          A small role can teach me in all areas
The places I’ll be at will great place for experience and learning.
-          this course is scarce so getting a job will be easier and less competition.

Threats
In this industry I am easily replicable.
lack of experience.
Due to my young age I have less of portfolio compared to others and less experience.


SWOT analysis of job roles

Freelance-
strengths:
flexibility
work when you want

weaknesses:
may preform under your targets due to isolation
Can't receive sick or holiday pay
anything required will take longer
prices

opportunities :
can lead to bigger opportunities

threats:
companies offering the same service
less people will seek you out
have to produce the best work to compete

Self-employed-
strengths:
you are your own boss
can schedule your work life around your private life
can hire others to help

weaknesses:
less security
fewer free benefits

threats:
small companies are always at threat of being brought and taken over
threat of losing financial stability

opportunities:
is the start to possibly becoming a large organisation


short term contract
strengths:
can lead to being hired full term
continues work
variety

weaknesses:
can't work on anything too big

threats:
could be replaced by someone wanting a long term contract

opportunities:
can gain more experience by going to many places


full term contract
strengths:
financial stability
work on bigger and longer projects
guaranteed work and paid

weaknesses:
lengthy commitment
less flexability

threats:
being tied down to a specific company can lead to missing out on greater things

opportunities:
bigger role at the company



No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork