Tuesday 31 October 2017

Next Gen year 1 week 6

Hello blog

On Monday we again were learning more about the various tools in MAYA. This time we learnt more about different types of materials. Specifically, the Blinn. This is a material which is reflective towards light and gives a metallic look towards objects. I then created a a cube and textured it to make it look like a die. However afterwards didn't go to plan. What i was meant to do was create another layer of the texture using just the die spots and lower its transparency to make the spots see-through. However i fell behind due to my first die having a bad texture thus creating this as my final product.

Afterwards I was then given the task of creating a building to give reflective windows. For this I needed to get a texture of a building and add it to the net using Photoshop. I then had to fix its UV map to stop distortion in the UV editor. Whilst I encountered it I struggled at first but managed to make sense of its purpose. Next I then made a different layer for the windows and added it to my building making the windows a Blinn material.




On the Tuesday i brought up my previous work of my castle to texture it. Whilst doing it my only issue of this was the UV map for this. Overall i am very proud of this because of the catapult I created to go with it and how it looks like a replica of the one I base it upon.













On Fridays lesson we continued using the unity engine to create games. This time we had to create a survival shooter game. Overall i am rather displeased with creating it as all the assets I used were just imported from the website making it feel unoriginal. Furthermore with the tutorials I am being told essentially to break down the game only to rebuild it which overall displeases me.  Anyway doing it seems like it can help me so i have started it and i'm just in need to finish it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork