Tuesday 5 June 2018

3D bouncing ball

https://youtu.be/WFe4gEW4-1Y

This weeks assignment was to create a 3D bouncing ball animation in MAYA showcasing two of the twelve principles of animation. These were arcs and squash and stretch.

For this I started by downloading the ball which came with a rig to make animating it all the more easier. From there I went back and referenced my previous work which is the 2D bouncing ball animation. I studied the curve that it would follow and when it needed to squash and stretch. So from there I went and key framed replicating the bounce cycle in 3D software. The animation itself follows the arc principle as it follows a circular path whilst also showing squashing and stretching which occurs throughout the animation.

Overall i did quite well but I put that down to the synergy between this task and the 2D cycle I had done earlier on which really put me in the right frame of mind. However if I had to make improvements to it I would do more with the squash and stretch aspect by providing more accurate looking to really demonstrate my knowledge of the skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork