Tuesday 5 June 2018

VFX post production

The final phase of post production required the use of MAYA. This part was to incorporate the robot I had built into MAYA. It started when I imported my last shot onto the software with my robot. From there I used the camera to focus on the last shot showing an accurate perspective. Afterwards I added a 3D plane into it which would map out the floor so I could map out where the robot would be. From there I animated the robots movement across the shot key framing it so it follows its path. Next I went on to adding lighting into the shot by adding directional and ambient lights parallel to it. After that I made an image sequence showcasing the robots movement.










The next part required me to go onto Nuke. This was to to track and rotoscope the footage. Firstly I tracked a line across the buildings roof line to track the part of the shot were the camera pans the shot. Afterwards I went onto rotoscoping. The rotoscoping I had to engage in was the building. I needed to cover the whole building so the robot would look like it is coming from behind the building. This took longer than expected due to the panoramic shot. Because of the shot it resulted in the rotoscope not always covering the outline so I had to key the last frame and the midpoint in the shot to make sure the rotoscoping consistently stayed attached to the buildings outline. From there I exported it as a video and headed to premiere.

Premiere was the video editing software we had originally used to put together the production footage and where I used color correction to darken my sequence. So I then removed the original footage in order to place the new edited shots in. The final part was exporting it to make a video.

From this project I would like to work on the rotoscoping more. This is because there are parts where the robot covers the people running past because its out of the zone which was rotoscoped. As well as this if provided with more of a lenient time frame I would of like to have included more special effects as well as improve my robots look to give it a more realistic look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork