Monday 4 June 2018

VFX post production

Carrying on with the VFX project this phase of it required Nuke. Nuke is a video editing software which I needed to use in order to composite the two shots showing the phone screen. For this I would have to use tracking and rotoscoping.

When I loaded the shots into Nuke I needed to track the phone. Tracking follows a set point across every frame following the position. This is require as I would need to add the phone screen into it so tracking the phone would fit the animation into the screen. My tracking went extremely well despite the persons hand shaking slightly which can sometimes cause the tracker to drastically move away from the set point. A big factor to incorporate is light and as my shots were darkened tracking the screen made it all the more difficult but it succeeded. 

Afterwards I moved onto my second shot with the phone which would be more complicated. I did the standard of tracking the whole phone but now I had to rotoscope. For this I had to go frame by frame highlighting the thumb so in the final product the thumb would be placed over the phone screen. Another additional thing was keeping an organized node graph just to make editing footage all the more easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork