Wednesday 6 June 2018

Composition planning

This task is related to my final art fundamentals painting based on a toxic jungle. For this I needed to work with my concept art for it.  The assignment was to take 3 of the composition thumbnails shown and develop the quality of them by grey scaling them. Grey scaling is the process of shading areas to add tone and depth to the piece.

Whilst doing this I found it hard to perceive where the light would be coming from. Once I got around that barrier it became more relieving and better to work. In this piece I have used a range of pencils to have a range of shades and provide more tone. I also used smudging to blend the shades together to give it a more harmonious look.

However the car didn't turn out too well so I believe I need to work more on 3D objects as well as perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork