Monday 4 June 2018

VFX Post production

For this I have to complete making my robot in MAYA for the VFX project. For this I need to model and texture the robot as well as rigging it so it can later be animated. For this project i based my robots design off of the training bot from 'Overwatch'.

For this a complex model wasn't required because the main part of this is implementing it into the VFX project. Therefore the robot's chest is very boxy. Additionally I made the design a very low poly model so MAYA will run more efficiently. I went on to texturing it which was rather quick and easy. For this i simply just colored it different adding a blinn to give it a metallic use. I went with the color scheme and I didn't need to texture it using Photoshop.

Additionally due to the robots design I don't need to rig it because it doesn't rotate its body parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Artwork